WHO ARE WE?
Any Type of Loan is an independent specialist mortgage broker.
WHY DO WE NEED YOUR DATA?
We will hold and process your data in order to assist you with obtaining a loan. If you do not provide the information we request, we will be unable to assist you in obtaining the finance. We will only collect the data we need.
WHAT RIGHT DO WE HAVE TO PROCESS YOUR DATA?
Any Type of Loan is a broker, which means we are accountable for the products and services we provide. We are obligated to maintain detailed records of transactions with customers and so we process your data on the basis of “processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation” as set out by the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO www.ico.org.uk).
WHAT DO WE DO WITH YOUR DATA?
All of the personal data we hold about you will be processed by our staff based in the United Kingdom. ‘Personal Data’ is data that identifies you as an individual.
Your information may be stored on a cloud-based system whose servers are located within the EEA. We take all reasonable steps to maintain the security of your data.
Any Type of Loan acts in a broking capacity. We pride ourselves on our systems and we take great care over how we process customer data, and ensure it is done securely and safely at all times. We want you to be confident in Any Type of Loan and be assured that we take the security and privacy of your data seriously.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR DATA?
At Any Type of Loan we need to retain full and detailed records of all of our customer transactions in order to meet legal requirements.
Ordinarily this require us to retain such records for a minimum of six years, however Any Type of Loan have taken the decision to retain all customer records on an indefinite basis. We feel it is important to be able to retrieve any of our records at any time to respond to or support customer or regulator enquiries.
CREDIT REFERENCE AGENCY DATA
At Any Type of Loan we help individuals and corporate entities obtain finance. In order to get a picture of your true credit position, we access and search your credit file with a credit reference agency.
We believe in informing clients at all stages about searches we carry out and we will seek your permission to complete these when they become necessary.
WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS?
Importantly you have significant rights as to how Any Type of Loan, or any business, uses and handles your data. Below is a brief summary:
- The right to be informed – and this notice you are reading is doing just that!
- The right of access – you can always ask to see what data we hold about you
- The right to rectification – this is saying if you believe any data stored about you is incorrect, you can ask us to correct it, and we will
- The right to request erasure or the ‘the right to request to be forgotten’ – we have a legal requirement to maintain customer records (See ‘How long do we keep your data’ above)
- The right to restrict processing – you can ask us to ‘stop’ processing your data at any time, however you should be aware if you do, then we will be unable to proceed with your application
- The right to data portability – should you want to, we can arrange for your data to be formatted into a simple electronic file and sent to you
- The right to object – similar to the right to restrict processing (above), you can ask us to ‘stop’ processing your data at any time, however you should be aware if you do, then we will be unable to proceed with your application
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling – you have a right to be made aware of this.
- You also have the right to make a complaint about how your data has been processed by Any Type of Loan. In the first instance, you can contact us directly by email firstname.lastname@example.org or you can contact the ICO directly at www.ico.org.uk.
WHAT MAY OTHER ORGANISATIONS DO?
You are strongly advised to read that businesses guidelines on how they treat your data before entering into any agreement. Any Type of Loan bears no responsibility for the use of your data beyond our control.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.